Friday, October 30, 2015

poets united, animation, bluebell books, short story on unexpected, and octoberwrite, sensitivity

Written for Poets United's Midweek Motif: Animation


short story slam week 32: how about stories or experiences unexpected?

Sensitivity

Word Prompts:  
Present
Icy
Embers
Moonlight


Sentence prompts: 
Then it hit me like...
The breeze came through the window...
I love...
Into the puddle...




here is my entry:


past memories resolved
by present cold rain,
not to stir the embers,
not to punch on icy wall,
i let my sensitivity hide behind the door

a shadow under moonlight,
the flash from the gap through the window
all darkness shakes me hard and wide
I trust faith
yet seek love,

the way a foot steps into the puddle
reminds me of the ripples
and some say, stay quiet,
others say, remain calm,
I choose autumn air, free of Facebook follower fight



google.com





12 comments:

Sunita Prasad said...

Interesting last line and the flow is divine :)

Panchali said...

Autumn has peculiar influence on the mind. Glad you could be autumnrifically happy in the end.:)
Wonderful composition...

kaykuala said...

others say, remain calm,
I choose autumn air,
free of Facebook follower fight

You got it right, Lucinda! Reverting back to good old days close to nature. FB is such a bore!

Hank

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your opening verse, and the way you swerved into Autumn

Thanks for dropping in to read mine

Much love...

Wanda Bates said...

I like the way you use the words!
I don't think I've even checked my Facebook account in more than a year. At first it was a way to keep in touch. Then it became all about gossip and drama. No thanks, not for me!

Thanks for visiting me at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I don't know what your last phrase means--Facebook Follower Fight--but I find phrases like this "i let my sensitivity hide behind the door" highly evocative and fun to think about animating. This would make a great video--a loss of and constant remembering to stay poised, calm, undisturbed.

Myrna R. said...

Well, there's a lot that's better than a Facebook follower fight, but autumn is certainly better. I like the imagery in your poem, the mixing of nature with feelings.

Wojin Kimberly Eric Jack Schmidly said...

powerful.

Catie Mead Williams Handcock Robinson said...

nice.

Eleaine Sarah Thomas Jobs Bush said...

not bad, sometimes, we say things very unexpected.

emily cohen said...

lovely.

Nicholas V said...

Beautiful images and a gentle mood in this poem. Lovely write.